Welcome back – we hope you had a wonderful summer! As we get back into the swing of the school year, check out some of the links and info below to get back in the swing of your career search!
UPCOMING Career Center EVENTS AT BC
Boston College Career Fair
Thursday, September 19
3:00 – 6:00pm in Conte Forum
AHANA & Student Athlete Reception: 1:00PM – 2:30PM in the Heights Room
In addition to the fair, there are loads of good prep workshops and events in the lead-up to the fair – check them out on our website!
Interview Prep Week for Juniors and Seniors
Come to an interview workshop, register for practice interviews with employers and get in the game for the real thing.
Week of September 23-27
Register on EagleLink
EVENTS IN BOSTON
Boston Idealist Grad School Fair
Check out a multitude of graduate schools from around the world including programs in environmental studies, education, biomedical science, and public health.
Where: 775 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston University, Boston, MA
When: Wednesday, September 25
5:00 – 8:00pm
Register in advance. Cost is free.
Massachusetts Green Career Conference
Connect with professionals in the “green” field and learn about best practices and new developments in sustainable development.
Where: Marlborough Holiday Inn, Marlborough, MA
When: Thursday, October 3
8:00am – 4:00pm
Register in advance. Cost for students is $45.
Boston Startup Job Fair
Connect with innovative Boston-based startups looking for current students and recent graduates.
Where: Microsoft NERD Center, Cambridge, MA
When: Monday, October 28
12:00pm – 2:00pm – Developers/Engineers Only
2:00pm – 5:00pm – All Candidates
All candidates must register in advance and space is limited. Cost is free.
2013 Schools and Programs of Public Health Visit Day
Meet with grad school reps, current students, and others in the field of Public Health.
Where: Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
When: Wednesday, November 6
8:30am – 12:30pm
All participants must register in advance. Cost is free.
Job & Internship Opportunities
Science/Math/Tech in Education
- Fall Internships at the Museum of Science in Boston – (e.g. Hands-On Lab Interpretation Intern, Computer Clubhouse Web & Social Media Intern)
- Environmental Educator at “e” Inc. – The Environmental Learning and Action Center
- 3-5 Grade Science Teacher at Brooke Charter Schools – EagleLink
- Online Tutor at InstaEdu – EagleLink
- Urban Teacher Residency with Urban Teacher Center
- Math Assessment Intern – The Achievement Network
Computer Science/IT – All On EagleLink
- Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP) – General Electric
- Textron Leadership Development Program – Information Technology – Textron, Inc.
- Associate Application Developer – Bottomline Technologies
- Information Technology & Project Assurance Associate – PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Software Developer – InterSystems Corporation
- 2014 Summer Consulting Intern, Technolgy & Advisory – McGladrey
- Technology and Innovation Intern – EF (Education First)
- Multiple Job Openings at Joslin Diabetes Center Job Openings (Including: Study Coordinator (Immunobiology) – N2447‐13, and Clinical Research Nurse (LookAHEAD Study) – R2434‐13)
What’s Happening? Cool News from the Field
A Multitasking Video Game Makes Old Brains Act Younger
According to the New York Times, “Brain scientists have discovered that swerving around cars while simultaneously picking out road signs in a video game can improve the short-term memory and long-term focus of older adults. Some people as old as 80, the researchers say, begin to show neurological patterns of people in their 20s.”
Thanks for checking out the bi-weekly science, math, and tech career update!