Over 100 employers will be in attendance and looking to hire BC students for internships and full-time jobs. Are you ready?
Tag Archives: Career Fairs
This Thursday, March 19th, two career fairs are in town this week worth checking out. As part of your job search strategy, try to hit up both to maximize your potential!
- Women for Hire happens from 10 – 2pm and will include free resume critiquing.
- Boston University Spring Job & Internship Fair takes place from 1 – 4:30pm, with over 40 employers attending.
Career and job fairs offer the opportunity to meet many employers. Before you attend, be sure you know what employers will be there and what types of jobs they may be offering.
- Also, it is important to know if the employers will actually be conducting interviews on-site, or if this is simply an opportunity to speak with employers and exchange your resume for their business cards and literature.
- Dress professionally and bring plenty of copies of your resume.
- Read about how to work a career fair before you go!
Women For Hire will be in Boston, on Thursday, March 19th with its free career expo featuring 30+ Top Employers in various industries. This is a great opportunity to meet face-to-face with recruiters and gain key insight for launching or advancing your career after graduation. You can also ask about possible internship opportunities as well.
Happening Thursday, March 19 from 10am to 2pm at the Sheraton Boston Hotel.
Additionally, students and alumni are encouraged to attend the Early Morning Seminar for a nominal fee. General admission is $20, however students can use the code STUDENT09 to purchase a ticket for just $5.
This is an extra chance to network and learn from Women For Hire CEO and Good Morning America Workplace Contributor Tory Johnson. Her seminar runs from 8:30 to 10:00am and it’s an ideal way to start your day.
To attend this seminar you MUST pre-register. General admission is $20, however students can use the code STUDENT09 to purchase a ticket for just $5.
Discover job, internship and volunteer options in the not-for-profit and public service sectors at Wellesley College’s Not-for-Profit Career Fair.
Happening today, Friday, February 20, 2009 from 10 am to 2pm in the Multi-Purpose Gym, Keohane Sports Center.
Depending on where you are in your career at BC, check out two major career events happening tomorrow for professions in the environment.
- The Green Careers Conference is for students of all majors to find out about careers relating to the environment. Happening tomorrow from 3 – 6pm in the Heights Room.
- EBC 5th Semiannual Environmental, Energy & Engineering Career Fair for job seekers and those interested in learning about environmental professions. Happening tomorrow from 11am – 3pm at the Lenox Hotel in downtown Boston.
Whichever event you choose, go early and network! Or better yet, go to both!