Boston College Career Center
2013-2014 Advising Intern – Four positions
The Career Center Advising Interns will focus on the self assessment/discovery process and career learning of students. The Advising Interns will gain career advising skills by providing career assistance to Boston College students during drop-in hours. Interns will also be involved in workshop presentations and program implementation.
Reports to assigned Career Center Staff
- Three days of intensive training in late August including an overview of career development, the integration of career development with the Jesuit mission, resume critique training as well as training on resume and interview workshop presentation.
- One month of observation including the internship observing professional staff and professional staff observing the intern.
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development as appropriate.
- The intern will gain an understanding of the career development process.
- The intern will gain direct experience advising students on career related issues.
- The intern will gain program design, promotion and presentation skills.
10 to 12 hours per week
August 28, 2013 to December 11, 2013 and January 13, 2014 to May 1, 2014. This is a two semester commitment.
This is an unpaid position, however, up to $250 in professional development funding will be provided as appropriate. There will be opportunities to attend both on and off campus professional development sessions.
Submit a cover letter and resume including your program of study for 2013-2014 to Janet Costa Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Advising Intern Application’ as the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis and only those moving forward in the process will be notified.