THIS MONTH’S FEATURE:
- Women in Science discussion series! Next event: Networking with alumna guest Liz O’Day, April 11th at 11am at the Career Center…more info and RSVP on EagleLink and MyBC
- What were alumna Katie Hall’s suggestions from our last Women in Science event, for what to do before you graduate? Get involved on campus! (She did a Women in Science and Tech program through the Chem department, was a TA for a class, and served with UGBC.) Go abroad! And do an internship!
- Columbia Summer Medical and Dental Education Program
- Several positions at Joslin Diabetes Center
- Climate Change internship at National Park Service
- Alaskan Observers, Inc. is seeking candidates for at-sea biologists, starting paid training in June, or July
- Oceana Internships
- Green Corps
- Environment America
- The Green Program has summer break space open for Costa Rica programs
- Part-time summer Clinical Data Consultant for Dyad Systems, to apply email resume to email@example.com
- Jobs for environmental science, geosciences, and geo-engineering: http://jobsforgeos.com/
- Some of what you can find on EagleLink:
- Several software positions with Juniper Networks
- MassTech Intern Partnership
- Global Health Intern at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
- Green Team Crew Leader for Southwest Boston Community Development
- Quality Assurance Interns for Biology and Chemistry at MA Water Resources Authority
- Research Associate/Science for Cartwright Search Group
- Physics and Math Teachers at Beaver Country Day School
- Software Engineer for Lutron Electronics
- Infection Bioscience Intern at AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Biology and Chemistry Teacher at Noble and Greenough School
- Science/Engineering Consulting for Orion Consultants, Inc.
- 10 Software/Tech positions at Epic Systems Corp.
- Web Design Intern for INSEGMENT, Inc.
- And more!
- Career Conversation with David Oberhauser EPA Scientist, April 2nd at 6pm in the Career Center (please RSVP on EagleLink)
- Virtual Career Fair, April 2-4
- Preparing for Grad School in Biology or Physics, Apr. 3rd at 3pm in Higgins 235
- Careers in Mathematics: Cybersecurity with Mike Brown, Apr. 3rd, 5-6pm, Stokes S117
- Women in Science: Networking with Liz O’Day, Apr. 11 at 11am (see info above!)
- MERC Education Career Fair at Northeastern, April 17th, 9:30am-3:30pm—email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration packet
- Career Conversation with Matt Horan Deputy Treasurer of MA Water Resources Authority, Apr. 23 at 6pm in the Career Center (please RSVP on EagleLink)
- Sustainability: Practices and Possibilities, Apr. 24, DCU Center Worcester
- Online workshop on Writing CVs: Anytime!
THIS MONTH’S TIP:
- Are you interested in green careers? Have a passion for sustainability? Subscribe to the Career Center’s Green Careers email list! You’ll receive emails letting you know about relevant opportunities
- To subscribe:
- Go to EagleLink and log in using your BC username/pw
- Click on the “profile” button
- IMPORTANT—click on “Switch to Tab View”
- Click on “privacy”
- Under “email distribution lists” choose “green careers” and click on the “Save Changes” button or (if you’ve never used EagleLink before) the “Save Changes and Continue” button.