Monica Cohen, a Double Eagle with a BS in Human Development and Masters in Higher Education, came back to the Heights to speak to students on Wednesday, October 5th.
In speaking with Monica she emphasized a few things about deciding to choose the career path of Higher Ed. and applying for graduate schools.
- Find a campus that fits your own values and infuses your personal style.
- When considering higher education, Reslife is a great way to connect with other offices on campus.
- The Reslife motto is, “Move up or move out!”
- Small schools allow you the flexibility and advantages to collaborate with other offices and positions
- When searching for jobs in higher ed, higheredjobs.com is a great site.
- Informational interviews are important, from going to get a cup of coffee, emailing someone back and forth because networking is important and everyone knows someone.
- If you attend BC’s Higher Education Masters Program, it is important to travel outside the gates of BC and expand your professional development because each school functions differently.
-Karly Francis, Graduate School of Social Work, Class of 2012