Road to the Show – What is it Like to Work for a Successful Business like the Boston Red Sox?
Tuesday, September 13th and Tuesday, September 20th at Fenway Park
Who: “Road to the Show” is primarily designed for students who have an interest in working in sports, but also appeals to students who have an interest in marketing, sales, accounting and finance, legal, etc. The event is open to undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty and staff from local colleges and universities.
What: A night for students to come to Fenway Park and enjoy a Red Sox game while also learning what it is like to work for a successful business from senior level Red Sox Executives. For just $30.00, students will receive all of the following:
- A General Standing Room Only ticket ($20.00 value)
- A moderated Q&A session with Senior Red Sox Executives such as: CEO Larry Lucchino, GM Theo Epstein, COO Sam Kennedy and Assistant GM Ben Cherington (exact attendees subject to change)
- A Special Guest credential that includes information about Red Sox related internship programs
- A private, pre-game party on the Budweiser Right Field Roof Deck from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM (concessions items are not included, but are available for purchase). Approximately ten (10) additional senior level Red Sox employees from various departments will be on hand to answer additional questions during this time
- A raffle that includes ticket upgrades and autographed items
- Exclusive access to the Players’ Club lounge during the game
- Opportunity to take photos with the 2004 and 2007 World Series trophies
- A visit from Wally the Green Monster
When: Tuesday, September 13th and Tuesday, September 20th. Schedule for each event is below:
- 3:00 to 3:25 PM: Students arrive at Gate B (corner of Ipswich St. and Van Ness St.) and are directed to the seats in Right Field Box 92 and 93
- 3:30 to 4:20 PM: Q&A session moderated by Red Sox radio broadcasters Dave O’Brien or Joe Castiglione. Due to the number of students, questions will be submitted in advance at www.redsox.com/roadtotheshow
- 4:25 PM to 5:30 PM: Private pre-game reception on the RF Roof Deck with Red Sox employees
- 5:40 PM: Gates open to the public (first pitch at 7:10 PM). Starting in the third inning, the Players’ Club will serve as an exclusive “home base” for participants where they can relax and enjoy drinks and snacks which will be available for purchase
Where: Fenway Park in Boston. Students will be asked to arrive at Gate B (Corner of Ipswich St. and Van Ness St.) anytime between 3:00 and 3:25 PM.
Why: The Red Sox want to provide an opportunity for participants to see what it is like to work for a professional sports organization while also offering a fun night for students to enjoy the Fenway Park experience.