Did you miss the conversation with Pardees Safidezah, Communications & Theatre Major, Class of 2010? No worries! We have your top five tips from her presentation right here!
Employers: Harron and Associates is a full service PR agency that provides services for non- profit agencies; and Greenhorn Connect which is a website for entrepreneurs to learn about networking events in Boston
Pardees’s Wisdom that will Serve You Well
- It is very important to Network before you get a job and way before you graduate. There are networking events for Communications Majors and careers posted on Eventbrite.
- Get off of BC campus and meet others
- Take a course at BU- BU provides their students with new social media courses, which are very helpful in the PR field and looks great on your resume, because BC does not provide these courses
- Connect with other BC alumni on Linkedin- it is helpful and they are very willing to speak to you.
- Contact firms and companies that you may be interested in, and request an Information Interview so it gives you an opportunity to practice interviewing for the position you may want.